Feb 12, 2015

DIY Mini Banner!

I made this super cute mini banner to put on our spring table down at the shop. I saw this cute idea on Pinterest (yes, I'm completely addicted to that site!) It's a great site for crafting, meal ideas, landscaping and soooo much more!!!

 

Here's what you'll need to make this simple, and inexpensive, mini banner:

3-5 rolls of washi tape (I chose 3 for this project)
1 roll of bakers twine (I chose a light green/white twine)
Scissors

Start by cutting about 3" of the tape and folding it over the bakers twine.

I found that if I laid it all out as shown here it laid flat and all in the same direction. With my first mini banner I cut, folded the tape over the bakers twine, and then cut the ends into corners and repeated the process. This made each piece of tape want to twist in a different direction. The second mini banner I made I cut, folded each piece over the bakers twine, and then repeated.









Once you've finished the banner, trim the ends into corners as shown in the right picture.
















Voila! Isn't that about the cutest mini banner ever?! I have to say, every once in a while I surprise myself. Enjoy!